"The Road to Rome" Description:
"The Road to Rome" will focus exclusively on the key, yet largely under publicized Italian and Sicilian campaigns of WWII. Players can choose to fight on six new maps including Operation Husky (Sicily) and the battles for Anzio and Monte Cassino. Each map comes with highly detailed environments such as Italian houses, Mediterranean trees and even the Monte Cassino Monastery.
"The Road to Rome" Game Features:
- Six new maps from the Sicilian and Italian campaigns including Operation Husky (Sicily), and the battles for Anzio and Monte Cassino.
- Eight new vehicles including the German BF-110 and British Mosquito fighter bombers.
- Two new fighting forces including the French legionnaires and Italian forces.
- New hand-held weapons including the Italian Breda assault rifle, British Sten SMG and bayonets on rifles.
- Proprietary Refractor 2 engine raises bar for graphics and 3D rendering.
- Huge multiplayer component supporting up to 64 players that requires teamwork and cooperation from each member in order to achieve victory for the Axis or Allies.
- Unique single player mode features no scripting, meaning the player gets different experience each time they play.
"Battlefield 1942" is required to play