Wonder how to get that perfect wallpaper you downloaded from a fan site into your game. Just follow the steps below!
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Download a wallpaper file.
- Most sites have the wallpaper zipped up. So you will need to extract the .wll file from a zip file. If you don't already have a zipping program, you need to download one.
- Find the zipped file you wish to install into your game and double click on it.
- Click on the extract button, and choose the following directory: ...\maxis\thesims\gamedata\walls\
- If the .wll file is not zipped up, simply copy and paste the file into the following directory: ...\maxis\thesims\gamedata\walls\
- Next time you play The Sims, the wallpaper you installed will be available.
- Create a special downloads folder for your "The Sims" files.
- Keep a zipping program installed on your computer, so you'll always be ready to put wallpaper files into your game.
- Wallpaper files have a .wll extension on them.
What You Need
- The Sims
- Zipping Program
- Wallpaper file