Below are instructions for installing Vacation lots into your game. Two methods are described, depending on which file type you downloaded.
Time Required: under 5 Minutes
- Open zip file and find out the file type of the lot. It will either be .iff or .vil.
- For .iff - Extract file to thesims\userdata##\houses\. Replace ## with the neighborhood number you want to use the lot in. The lot is now installed.
- For .dtl - Unzip the .vil file to: \The Sims\UserData\Import\
- Open "The Sims."
- Open Vacation Island.
- Click the import button (top of the screen), and choose the lot you wish to import.
- Each neighborhood has it's own Vacation Island. If you want to use a lot in more then one neighborhood you will have to extract it to each one.
What You Need
- Zipping Program
- "The Sims"
- "Vacation" Expansion Pack