The Bottom Line
A fantastically detailed and complicated game that is relatively easy to learn. "Airlines 2" is a must have management sim fans.
- intuitive interface
- detailed, challenging gameplay
- manage a variety of financial aspects
- sound, although it's not really needed
- Released: October 2002
- Publisher: Global Star Software
- Take control and micromanage aspects of an airline company, and perhaps expand worldwide.
- 110 types of aircraft to purchase and use and over 250 airports to fly to.
- Create routes based on popularity, ticket prices, and desired services.
- Take control of your financial world by managing bank loans and investments.
- Buy planes based on cost, range, and technical details.
- Play up to 7 computer controlled airlines.
- 15 geographic regions to play and control the skies.
Guide Review - "Airlines 2"
In "Airlines 2" you don't control just a single airport, instead you manage an entire airline. You are responsible for setting up profitable routes and keeping the airline financially secure. Setting up routes and buying planes is an incredible simple process. The interface is actually quite intuitive, and easy to learn. Even though the game is easy to learn, it is difficult to master. The game entails many little details that you have to watch carefully. Managing the routes and ticket prices is just part of the game. Spending and investing your money is critical. "Airlines 2" is for gamers not looking for flashy graphics. Instead for those who desire deep, engaging gameplay.