The Bottom Line
- invincible mode
- affect process/results of ground war
- breath taking graphics
- high end system needed to fully enjoy graphics
- no paper manual
- Developer: Microsoft
- Released: October 2002
- "Combat Flight Simulator 3" puts in pilot's seat of an American, British, or German plane in WWII.
- Play single missions by yourself, or cooperatively with friends through a LAN or the Internet.
- Campaign play mode gives you a series of missions to carry through.
- Earn points to boost your vision, bombing skill, and health ratings.
- Customize colors and logo of your aircraft.
- Your choice of 18 planes with wonderfully rendered graphics to fly.
Guide Review - "Microsoft Combat Flight Simulator 3"
The graphical improvements are incredible. However, you will need a top-notch computer to fully enjoy the graphics. This time around the focus was on improving the ground. Odd for a game that mostly takes place in the sky.
An interesting and frustrating feature is your performance doesn't always affect the outcome. War is a team effort, making this a realistic feature. However, it is frustrating to do your best and still lose the battle, because of the computer's performance.
A nice upgrade for previous owners, while newbies will appreciate overall gameplay.