Making friends is an art, not a science. It takes time to learn what interactions to perform and when. Luckily, it does get easier with time. You can use cheats to make friends. But before I tell you about the cheats, I'll tell you about the "right" way to make friends.
Steps to Making Friends
- Greet the potential friend and complete a couple interactions of talking.
- When the friendship points are low, you need to be careful as to the interactions you choose. For example, don't kiss a Sim you just meet. Keep it to talking and telling jokes.
- If at the house, go inside and make dinner. Sims love to eat - it's a sure way into their hearts.
- After eating, watch TV or another group activity that is fun and gives your Sims a chance to talk.
- Before it is too late say good night.
- Call them the next day to chat or invite them over.
More Tips from the Forum
"When you see other sims walk in front of your sims' house, click on the sim walking past. Then have the sim you are controlling talk to the other sim. Do things with the other sim- eat together, talk, watch tv together, dance, play chess, etc. Once you have met a sim, you can call them on the phone and invite them over. The more you talk to them and do fun things together, the higher the relationship score gets until it gets high enough to be counted as a friend. Only one sim in a family has to befriend the other sim for the other sim to be counted as family friend." - galensgranny
"Make plenty neighbors for your sims. Add some larger families with sims that are friendly. Buy the balloons or birthday cake and have a party. Talk to the visitors. Make some gifts to give, like gnomes or preserves from the canning bench." - coconutpalac