Sims work hard for their money, but sometimes, the money comes slowly. In order for Sims to live in expensive homes, sometimes we need to "cheat" a bit, and get them a free home.
Time Required: Few Minutes
- If the family is currently living in a house, evict them.
- Select the family from Create a Family menu. They will show up there after they are evicted from their current home.
- Select an empty lot for the family to buy.
- Save and close "The Sims."
- Find the .iff file for the house you want the family to live in. The number of the .iff is for the lot number. Find one with the same lot as your family.
- Install the house as you normally would.
- Start "The Sims."
- The family will now be living in the expensive home.
- OR TRY THIS: Move the family onto an empty lot.
- Use the rosebud cheat until they gain enough money to buy the home.
- Evict the family.
- Select the family, and have them move into their new home.
- Plan ahead as to which lot you want the family to live on, this is helpful if you like to download homes.
What You Need
- The Sims
- Desired Home