Learn how to install houses you downloaded into The Sims using the following technique.
Time Required: 5 minutes
- Download a house you want to use in your game to a folder you will remember.
- If the house is in .zip format you will need to unzip it. Open the file in your zipping program.
- Extract the house to maxis\thesims\userdata\houses\.
- If you have an expansion pack you will need to choose the neighborhood's userdata folder you wish to play the game in. Example - Neighborhood 3 would be \thesims\userdata3\houses\
- If the house is not zipped up, then copy and paste the file into the neighborhood house folder you want to play the house in.
- Next time you open the neighborhood, the house you downloaded will appear.
- Create a folder for you to keep all your sim related downloads in them. If you download, or plan to, a lot of files create an organized system. For example by, site or room.
- The house file will replace the house already on the lot. So if you want to keep the previous house, make sure to back up before installing the new house.
- Always back up your userdata folders before installing new houses, families, and objects into your game.
What You Need
- The Sims
- Maybe zipping program