- Developer: Phantom EFX
- Publisher: Phantom EFX
- Platform: PC
- Format: DVD-ROM
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Release Date: 2010
- Director/CEO: Aaron Schurman
- Technical Director: Danny Stokes
- Art Director: Marty VanZee
- Production Manager: Jim Thompson
- Designers: Aaron Schurman, Bryan VanDaele
- Artists: Mike Fall, Michael Myers, Dale Santoiemma, Paul Lohman, Andrew Bouska, Kent Stowe
- Programming: Forrest Stowe, William Rieder, Brendon Gruis, Patrick Burke, Brandon Bare
- Audio Producer: Adam Gill
- Voice Talent: P.J. Stoppleworth, Gabe & Mikey Santoiemma, Phantom EFX staff
- Manual Design & Writing: Sheryl Murawsky, Bryan VanDaele, Aaron Schurman
The Reel Deal Slots series returns with Mysteries of Cleopatra, an Egyptian themed collection of slots that include, for the first time in a Phantom EFX game, achievements to work toward. You'll begin the game by selecting one of four avatars to represent your profile: a mummy, "cat" woman, Cleopatra, and a Pharaoh.
As with other Phantom EFX games, you'll also be able to choose between real world and dream world odds, which will influence the percentage of payouts. Regardless of which option you select, you'll receive a $5,000 bankroll to start your gambling career. This cash earned from real world and dream world odds is tracked separately, allowing players to monitor their progress in each format over time.
The main screen is a lobby viewed from a first-person perspective, where you'll be able to pick and choose from the available slot machines. Selecting a slot machine will switch the screen to a close-up view of the machine, and you'll need to enter an amount of cash to start playing. The denominations used for wagering range from one cent to $100.
Betting options on each slot machine include "bet max," bet per line," "select lines," and "bet one," all of which are represented by individual buttons on the machine. Players can also cash out at any time to try their luck on another machine. If players lose all of their money, they can request additional funds from the in-game cashier at any time.
Reel Deal Slots: Mysteries of Cleopatra features a mix of different slot machine type, ranging from classic three-reel machines to five-reel video slot machines that offer multiple lines, whimsical animations, and bonus games. The game includes 22 slot machines that are immediately selectable from the lobby, with four additional machines waiting to be unlocked as you progress. There are also six video poker games.
One of the distinguishing features of Phantom EFX titles is the prize vault, where players are able to parlay their experience or earnings from playing the game into different bonuses. Mysteries of Cleopatra uses a combination of VIP points and achievements to unlock various parts of the prize vault. Both are earned simply by playing each slot machine and completing certain milestones.
The game also includes an online mode, entitled Reel Deal Live, which is a subscription-based service that lets you create a personal character, earn levels, embark on quests, and customize parts of an interactive casino. Owners of Mysteries of Cleopatra that decide to subscribe to Reel Deal Live will receive an Egyptian-themed floor for their virtual casino. Online play is an option, not a requirement, as Mysteries of Cleopatra is playable in an offline mode without requiring any subscription.
Minimum System Requirements
- Processor: AMD or Intel Pentium IV 1GHz or higher
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Operating System: Windows XP, Vista, 7 (32-bit or 64-bit) with administrative rights
- Video Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c or OpenGL 2.0 compatible (64 MB or higher)
- Sound Card: 100% DirectX 9.0c compatible
- Disc Drive: DVD-ROM drive
- Hard Drive: 4 GB free hard drive space
- Input: Mouse, keyboard
- DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (included)