- Developer: Techland
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platform: PC
- Format: Digital Download
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Release Date: May 30, 2012
- Choose from a variety of ATVs and buggies
- Compete on 45 exotic tracks
- Includes three multiplayer modes with support for up to 12 players
- Supports the Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- Earn experience points to customize your rider or paint scheme/li>
Mad Riders is an off-road racing game that has you driving a choice of ATVs and buggies across 45 exotic locales. A drop-in, drop-out multiplayer system lets you connect with and challenge up to 11 rival racers in three play modes. The game is available for the PC platform exclusively as a digital download.
A key part of Mad Riders' gameplay is maintaining each vehicle's boost capabilities to surge past rival racers. Players can maximize their vehicle's boost capabilities by performing aerial stunts or collecting power-ups found along each outdoor course. The 45 tracks are variations of the tropical island theme, complete with palm trees, caves, temple ruins, waterfalls, cliffs and other atmospheric details. Each course also features shortcuts to discover and unlock as you progress.
Mad Riders features five different race events. In addition to the traditional race format, which has you challenging nine computer-controlled drivers, you'll engage in checkpoint races that involve trying to pass through a series of gates before time expires as well as one-on-one races against a ghost racer. Other even types include stunt races, which involve racking up points by performing tricks, and an arena where the goal is to find markers before the competition.
The action takes place from a third-person perspective set behind your vehicle. The courses offer plenty of ramps and dramatic drops to catch air, allowing you to perform over-the-top moves like flips and spins. Each stunt is unlocked as you complete a certain amount of races, and you'll be able to unlock new vehicles as well. While each vehicle differs in speed and handling, there are no tuning options available. You can, however, personalize each vehicle by choosing a different paint scheme.
Mad Riders' main game type is the tournament mode, where you'll progress through eight different events consisting of five races apiece. While each race takes place in a similar setting as the one before it, all feature distinct shortcuts, jumps and other characteristics to set itself apart. At the end of each race, you'll earn stars based on your overall performance. Accumulate enough stars and you'll be able to unlock the next tournament event.
Players will also earn experience points as they progress, with bonuses awarded for a top-three finish, performing various stunts and more. The more experience you earn, the more unlocks will become available to use to acquire new vehicles, outfits for your rider, and paint schemes.
- Operating System: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista, or Windows 7
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo or 2 GHz AMD Athlon X2 (3 GHz or better recommended)
- Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 2 GB Windows Vista, 7
- Graphics: 256 MB DirectX 9.0c-compliant video card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
- DirectX Version: 9.0c
- Hard Drive Space: 2 GB
- Sound: DirectX 9.0c-compliant
- Supported Peripherals: Windows-compatible keyboard, mouse, Xbox 360 Controller for Windows
- Multiplayer: 512 Kbps or faster broadband connection
- Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD (2000, 3000, 4000, 5000, 6000 series); NVIDIA GeForce (8, 9, 200, 400, 500 series)