- Developer: Blue Byte, Related Designs
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platform: PC
- Format: Digital Download
- ESRB Rating: Rating Pending
- Release Date: November 17, 2011
- Choose one of two factions to shape your futuristic world
- Build underneath the water or high above land
- Shape the look of your world by your decisions
- Forge alliances and establish trade routes
- Choose from a variety of production goods
- Includes online multiplayer support for up to eight
- Supported OS: Windows XP, Vista, Windows 7
- Processor: 2 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, AMD Athlon 64 X2 or better
- RAM: 2 GB (4 GB recommended)
- Video Card: 512 MB DirectX 9.0c–compatible with Shader Model 3.0 or higher
- Sound Card: DirectX 9.0c–compliant
- Hard Drive Space: 5 GB
- Peripherals Supported: Windows-compatible mouse and keyboard
- Supported ATI Radeon Cards: X1000/HD 2000/3000/4000/5000/6000 series
- Supported NVIDIA GeForce Cards: 7/8/9/100/200/300/400/500 series
Ubisoft and developer Blue Byte’s Anno series, previously known as Dawn of Discovery outside of Europe, makes its first voyage into the future with Anno 2070. Thanks to the effects of climate change, the world has lost huge stretches of land -- even entire continents -- to rising sea levels.
As you attempt to create a thriving society, you’ll need to colonize the remaining islands, develop massive cities, and figure out a way to harvest dwindling resources to sustain your populace. You’ll be able to align yourself with one of two factions: the "Tycoons" or "Ecos," who offer different design philosophies. Tycoons opt for more industrial buildings, while Ecos strive for more sustainable goods and environmentally safe technologies.
As with previous games in the city-building series, Anno 2070 incorporates an in-depth economic system that lets you create such production chains as robot factories, diamond mines and oil refineries to trade with other nations. You’ll even be able to build under the water and above land, as well as use new types of transportation systems to facilitate trade and interaction with others.
Diplomacy is also important, and you’ll need to protect your developing city from smugglers and pirates while forging alliances with the right factions. The decisions you make during the course of play will also influence the environment, population needs and the architectural look of the world, so you’ll be able to shape the game to an extent to reflect the way you play.
In addition to a story-driven single player campaign, Anno 2070 also includes a continuous mode option, where the goal is to create the biggest civilization that you can without having to worry about any time constraints. Anno 2070 also includes various multiplayer modes that allow for competitive and cooperative games.
In the challenge mode, up to eight players can simultaneously compete against one another. There are also global scenarios to complete, customizable rules and setup options, and in-depth statistical tracking to see how well you fare against players from around the world.