- Developer: Haemimont Games
- Publisher: Kalypso Media Ltd.
- Platforms: PC, Xbox 360
- Format: Retail, Digital Download
- Release Date: September 1, 2011
System Requirements (Minimum):
- Operating System: Windows XP SP3 (32-bit), Vista, Windows 7 (32 or 64-bit)
- Processor: 2 GHz Dual Core CPU
- Memory: 1 GB RAM
- Graphics Card: 256 MB, Shader Model 3.0 (GeForce 6600 or higher, Radeon X1600 Series)
- DirectX Version: 9.0c
- Hard Drive: 5 GB free space
- Sound Card: DirectX compatible
El Presidente makes a not-so-surprising return in Tropico 4, where the re-elected dictator will continue his oppressive or compassionate regime while overseeing a tropical island.
The campaign spans 20 missions across 10 new maps, with 20 additional structures to incorporate in your city-building plan.
Featured buildings range from a stock exchange and aqua park to a shopping mall and mausoleum. The city you create will periodically have to deal with six disaster types, including volcanoes, tornadoes and droughts.
In addition to worrying about the elements, you'll have to negotiate with new superpowers while trying to adhere to a national agenda.
Tropico 4 introduces the ability to elect citizens to a "council of ministers" in an attempt to fast track pet projects and policies.
Facebook and Twitter integration are also included, allowing you to spread news of your greatness beyond the confines of your island to the world abroad. Tweet directly from within the game, post your results after missions, send pictures to friends and more.