- Developer: Bohemia Interactive
- Publisher: Bohemia Interactive
- Platform: PC
- Release Date: Summer 2012
- Features an open-ended, story-driven solo campaign
- Explore an authentic Mediterranean island created from geographic data
- Create custom missions and mods with the built-in editor
- Includes new animations and improved physics modeling
- Engage players online in cooperative and competitive game types
Arma 3 continues Czech developer Bohemia Interactive's military simulation series with several new features. The setting is a Mediterranean island, where a military operation by NATO to infiltrate an Eastern army stronghold goes horribly wrong. The task force comprised of Special Forces and researchers has been eliminated, except for Captain Scott Miller.
In the open-ended, story-driven single-player campaign, you will play as Miller as he struggles to survive in enemy territory. As with previous games in the Arma series, you'll be able to pilot multiple aircraft, drive various vehicles, and captain an assortment of ships while engaging hostile forces.
The presentation and simulation elements now offer improved animations and physics powered by PhysX software. Once again you'll be able to participate in both cooperative and competitive multiplayer modes hosted on dedicated servers for Windows and Linux operating systems. Customization options range from your soldier's uniform and weapon kit to the ability to create scenarios with the mission editor.