Developer: Wolverine Studios
Release Date: May 30, 2007
The Bottom Line: Delightful, engaging gameply for simmers looking for a deeper golf simulation than what is usually available on store shelves.
"Total Pro Golf 2" Features
- Create a golfer with few skills and guide them to the path of becoming a pro.
- Hire a coach to teach you skills to improve your golf game.
- Earn sponsors that will help you out with money and equipment.
- Simulate or play tournaments.
- Download courses or create your own with the Course Designer.
- New with sequel - tri-click swing, new shot options, yearly awards, and new courses.
- Random player generator makes creating a new golfer quick.
- Auto schedule tours for the season.
- Draw and fade shots.
"Total Pro Golf 2" Review
"Total Pro Golf 2" is a mixture of a management game and golf sim. You manage a golfer's career by helping them decide how to spend their days practicing. For a management game, you do a lot more than just check statistics. You can be involved with each swing if you so choose. Decide which shots to take, where to aim for, and which clubs to use. Graphically it may not look like much, you'll see quickly see that "Total Pro Golf 2" has the innovative gameplay to keep you playing well passed the first round.
Notable new features include new courses, new tournaments, an optional tri-click swing, and new shaping shots (draw and fade). The tri-click swing is the biggest additional for the very reason we now have a reason to play through the courses instead of simming play. Previously, the accuracy of shots was determined solely on the skill level. The tri-click gives us the partial control of how well the ball is hit. The goal, which is much too easy, is to click at the right moment that a moving lines crosses over two points.
"Total Pro Golf 2" is not going to change how you feel about the series. Don't like the first, not going to like the sequel either. The new additions are plentiful enough to recommend for gamers who play "Total Pro Golf" on a regular basis.
"Total Pro Golf 2" is one of the few golf games that has not left me completely frustrated. Highly recommended if you are tired of the traditional golf sims.