The Bottom Line
- automatic in-game updates
- updated 2005 roster
- negotiate contracts
- play historical players and teams
- no tutorial to help beginners, instead help files to guide you in problem areas
- Publisher: Sports Mogul
- Release: March 2005
- Genre: Sports Management
- Be the general manager of your favorite Major League Baseball team.
- Trade players, sign free agents, set ticket and concession prices, and decide on the lineup.
- Four difficulty levels: Fan, Coach, Manager, Mogul
- Play as fast or as quickly through the seasons as you want.
- Modify other teams to force trades or change their line-up in Commissioner mode.
- New Features for the 2006 version: Minor League System, Player Personalities, Contract Negotiations.
- Set your pitching, batting, and defensive strategies.
Guide Review - "Baseball Mogul 2006" Review
You pick from any of the baseball teams to play. Information about the city, park, and team is given for each to aid you in making your final decision. From here the season will be ready to start, after you finishing any trade and lineup changes. Playing through the season is easy. If you want to micro-manage for each game, and watch the game play-by-play you can do that, or you can simulate entire seasons at once. The seasons run just like real life. There is the playing season, free agent, and an amateur draft.
"Baseball Mogul 2006" is not just for regular gamers. Baseball fans who do not even play computer games casually should be able to learn the game with the aid of help files and given time to explore. The interface is not fancy, it is a mainly a series of dialogue boxes and menus. The focus is the content and fiddling with your team and crunching numbers. However, a word of warning is in order: It is a game of stats that can become quickly addictive.