The Bottom Line
- real-time gameplay, fish age even when computer is off
- over 400 breeds of fish
- finding the magic fish is not easy
- multiple ways to find the magic fish
- ability to stop time passage
- does not keep track of breeds discovered & how they are created
- keep both types of medicine at same time
- does not have in-game time controls, have to go back to main menu
- Publisher: Last Day of Work
- A a fish breeding game, where the main objective is to find the 7 magic fish of Isola.
- "Fish Tycoon" is a virtual pet game, that requires you to feed and buy supplies for the fish.
- Start with a couple of fish, and breed them to find new breeds and the magical fish.
- The magical fish of "Fish Tycoon" have special abilities to help other fish in the tank.
- Buy supplies, chemicals, eggs, and research to help your fish thrive.
- Set the price for each species and sell the fish in your fish store.
Guide Review - "Fish Tycoon" Review (PC)
You will only be able to breed a few fish without the babies dying. In order to get the most rare fish to survive, environment research must be done. It takes a long time to sell enough fish to buy the research. When you do get enough money to buy it, you have to wait a few real hours for the research to be completed.
Discovering what two different species of fish will breed, is fascinating. Some fish are ugly and sell for very little, while there are many beautiful fish that will earn you lots of money. Trying to find all the breeds becomes quickly addicting.
While finding discovering new breeds is fun, the main objective is to discover the 7 magical fish. This is no easy task. But is made easier by the fact that the game can be solved in multiple ways and there is no right strategy.
What I really like about "Fish Tycoon" is that while it is addictive, I can have it running while I do other things, like answering email or work. You can check on it once an hour for a few minutes, and go back to work. I recommend everyone at least download the demo.