The Bottom Line
- create your own leagues
- draft your team
- auto-sim through games or manage each at bat
- supports free Lahman 2004 MLB player database
- add-on modules
- no in-game tutorials, can be difficult for beginners to learn
- Publisher: Matrix Games
- Release: October 2005
- "PureSim Baseball 2005" is a text management game that involves understanding stats and much more!
- Play fictional or real players from any baseball season from 1871 to present.
- Play as many seasons as you want in career mode.
- Configure the league with 4 to 40 teams.
- Use the import feature to have today's stars playing heroes of yesteryear.
- Auto-sim games days, months, or seasons and set conditions when to stop the sim (such as injury).
- Get a pitch-by-pitch account of a baseball game with PSPNCast.
Guide Review - "PureSim Baseball 2005 Gold" Review
Your first step in playing "PureSim" is setting up your league. How many teams and divisions there are is completely up to you. Teams can be either run by your or the computer, there is no limit to either and can be changed at any time. That's right, in the middle of the season, you can take over the computer's spot and become the owner. If you want.
Players have to be drafted. How quick the process is (like the rest of the game) is up to you. You can pick each player for your team or have the computer do it for you. From there, you will set up your lineup and get ready for the season. Injuries, trades, watching games, and moving players between the minors and majors are regular details you'll have to attend too.
If deciding how often a team pinch hits does not sound appealing, then you'll become quickly bored by "PureSim." You should stick to the baseball games where you actually play baseball. If the attention to small detail (watch the games if you want!)is something you can't get enough of, "PureSim" could be just the game for you. The level of just how deep you get into any one team is incredible. You can auto-sim a game or seasons at a time. Everything is up to you!