The Bottom Line
For gamers who play many games throughout the week, switching CDs and keep them from getting lost or scratched can be a full time job. With Game Jackal, that is no longer a problem. By creating game profiles, gamers never have to use the CD again to play a game or worry about the lifespan of a CD.
- reliable, worked every time
- set times/days specific games are allowed to be played
- create passwords with Guardian Control to play games
- easy process to create game profile
- CD is only needed once to create a profile
- None Noted
- Play your favorite (and not so favorite) computer games CD free.
- Create passwords for games through Guardian Control.
- The 4-step process is easy and works for many computer games, including "The Sims 2."
- Auto-update within Game Jackal eliminates the need to check the official site for updates.
- License agreement allows installation of Game Jackal on all computers in a household (personal use.)
- An extensive help file will walk you through customizing the settings and create profiles.
Guide Review - Game Jackal Review
With Game Jackal the days of searching for CDs are over. Game Jackal creates game profiles (how the game lets you play games without a CD) in 4 steps, which ultimately allow you to play the game on your computer without needing the CD again. Profiles are created by entering a name for the profile, selecting the executable file, inserting the CD, and playing the game. Once that process is completed, a CD is not needed for the game. Game Jackal sits in your icon tray (if you want), and is ready to launch your games with no fuss. When profiles are created they are given a unique number, specific to your computer and cannot be used elsewhere.
If this was all Game Jackal did, it would still be worth having. The "extra" features make it an even better buy. Setting up passwords on games youngsters shouldn't be playing is one of those features. Also helpful for parents (and themselves) is the ability to determine which times the game can be played. Excellent for those of us who'd rather play than work, when we know full well we shouldn't.
Game Jackal was able to run all the games I tested. Between the reliability and the simple process, it is software any gamer who plays multiple games should consider.