Sims' can change their interests by reading magazines. When they read magazines, their interest level in a category (depends on the magazine) goes up, and interest goes down in another topic. This is handy when trying to get two Sims together, that have nothing in common with each other.
Magazines can be bought Downtown at a newsstand. There are four magazines to buy, each serving a different interest.
- The Avarix - Money, Politics, Technology
- Livin' Large - 60's, Music, Parties
- MaxSimum - Exercise, Outdoors, Travel
- Victor's Digest - Food, Sports, Weather
- WhooNoo - Hollywood, Romance, Style