- Developer: Mando Productions
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platform: PC
- Format: Digital Download
- ESRB Rating: Everyone
- Release Date: August 7, 2012
- Unleash supreme powers to destroy the Tower of Babylon before it reaches heaven
- Cast lightning strikes, trigger earthquakes, generate floods, and more
- Complete a single-player campaign spanning 15 levels
- Includes both competitive and cooperative online multiplayer modes
Babel Rising has you playing as a vengeful deity who must smite the arrogant people of Babylon before they can complete construction on a tower in order to invade the kingdom of heaven. While you are in fact a supreme being (in the game, that is), you are limited in one respect: you have to choose two out of four elements (fire, water, air, and earth) to use as your sources of power.
Workers will automatically build the tower if you remain inactive, so you must attempt to thwart their progress as much as possible by either damaging the blocks under construction or smiting the workers themselves before they begin building.
The four elements in the game derive their powers from a regenerating resource called mana. The stronger the type of power, the more mana is used, which forces you to wait longer before activating another power.
Each power has a maximum of three levels or tiers, allowing you to plan out and gauge the strength of an upcoming attack before executing it. Elements also possess a signature power that when unleashed, causes complete devastation to anything nearby. Yet before you can activate this ultimate power, you'll first need to generate fury.
Fury builds over time by attacking Babylonians. Once maxed, your fury can be channeled into creating your selected element's ultimate power, and you'll be able to enhance its strength even further by rapidly tapping the space bar or wiggling the mouse within a short amount of time.
Each Babylonian you eliminate will earn you points, with additional points earned by creating and sustaining combination attacks or combos. You'll be able to see how effective your powers are during play with in-game call-outs like "calamity" or "apocalypse." A multiplier icon will also indicate how many bonus points you'll rack up by smiting and demolishing.
Stats tracked by the game include the following: best score, longest game, workers killed, priests smitten, towers destroyed, and ships sunk. Babel Rising also supports gamepads as well as standard keyboard and mouse controls.
Play modes include a survival option, which sees how long you can last before the tower is built, a cooperative mode, and a multiplayer option that has you competing against rival deities.
- Operating System: Windows XP (SP3), Windows Vista (SP2), Windows 7 (SP1)
- Processor: 3.4 GHz Intel Pentium D 945 or AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+ 2.0Ghz or faster
- Memory: 1 GB Windows XP / 1.5 GB Windows Vista, Windows 7
- Graphics: 128 MB DirectX 9.0-compliant card with Shader Model 3.0 or higher (see supported list)
- DirectX: 9.0
- Hard Drive: 500 MB or more
- Sound: DirectX 9.0 compatible
Supported Video Cards: ATI Radeon HD 2600XT / 3000 / 4000 / 5000 / 6000 / 7000 series; NVIDIA GeForce 7600GS / 8 / 9 / 100 / 200 / 400 / 500 / 600 series. Note: laptop versions of these cards are unsupported.