- Developer: Ubisoft Blue Byte
- Publisher: Ubisoft
- Platform: PC and Mac
- Format: Web Browser
- Release Date: 2012
- Compete in the "Battle of the Atlantic" campaign against rival players
- Form your own Wolfpack to coordinate attacks with friends
- Play for free directly in your browser
- Command authentic submarines, such as the U22 Type II-A and U96 Type VII-A
- Successfully complete missions to unlock new challenges
Developed by the studio behind The Settlers and Anno series, Silent Hunter Online is free-to-play submarine simulation game specifically designed for multiplayer action. The game is playable directly within an Internet browser via Adobe Flash Player 11. The setting is World War II's Battle of the Atlantic, which took place from 1939 to 1945.
Key features include a dynamic campaign in which the performance of other players will directly influence the battle's progress, cooperative support for campaign missions, and an assortment of historically accurate submarines to choose from, including the U22 Type II-A and U96 Type VII-A.
Spy on the enemy without being detected, escort friendly vessels to safety, develop covert attack plans, and directly engage the enemy in a series of missions that can be played with the help of friends. Players will be able to form their own Wolfpack with others to coordinate attacks, launch joint strikes, and move together as one deadly force. The war in the Atlantic will be determined by the efforts of everyone who plays the game, with each successful mission moving your chosen faction one step closer to winning the war.