"The Sims 2 Apartment Life" comes with some apartments with and without residents. On the surface there isn't an easy to create your own apartments. Not true. It only takes one cheat code and the right doors to build an apartment.
Time Required: Varies
- Place a residential lot. Size doesn't matter.
- Enter lot in Build/Buy mode.
- Design your apartment building. Start with the outside or build an apartment and go from there. Whatever is easier for you.
- Buy and place the essentials; including: plumbling, counters, doors, windows, stove, fridge, smoke alarms, ceiling lights, security system, and any build mode objects. You can't enter build mode when renting an apartment. These are the items that will appear when you rent an apartment.
- Decorate and fully furnish each apartment. NPC families will use the furniture.
- Add wallpaper and floors.
- Add an apartment door (Unique Separator door) to each apartment. Rug should be in the hallway. This must be the only entrance/exit to the apartment.
- Landscape and decorate community areas, inside and out.
- Do a "walk around" and be sure all objects are in place.
- Enter the cheat screen (press Control-Shift-C). Type changeLotZoning apartmentbase. Press enter. An error message will appear if there is a problem with the apartment. Check for multiple entrances and door placement. Fix the problem and type in cheat code again.
- Save and exit the lot. Move new renters in your apartment.
What You Need
- "The Sims"
- "The Sims 2 Apartment Life"
- Idea for Apartment floor plan