- Developer: The Sims Studio
- Publisher: Electronic Arts
- Platform: PC and Mac
- Format: Retail, Digital Download
- ESRB Rating: Teen
- Release Date: October 18, 2011
- Featured dog breeds include Pit Bull, Collie, Dalmatian, Poodle, and more
- Cat breeds range from Siamese and Persian to Tuxedo and Singapura
- Bird types include parrots, parakeets, cockatoos, and finches
- Acquire multiple snake, turtle and lizard pets
- Create your own custom pet
- Find and adopt the magical unicorn
- Teach dogs tricks such as play dead, sit and roll over
The fifth expansion to The Sims 3 adds an assortment of animals to the base game. More than 100 dog and cat breeds are available, from the Australian Shepherd to the Maine Coon, and animals can be bred to create kittens and puppies.
Unlike the console versions, which feature mysteries to solve in a standalone adventure, the computer version is a true expansion that adds a dog park, cat jungle, horse ranch and a pet store (note: the pet store is exclusive to those who pre-order the game).
The store not only lets you mingle with other Sims from around the neighborhood, but offer you the opportunity to purchase new and exotic pets, care items, and playthings.
Those specifically interested in horses will be able to raise and groom them, enter them in racing, jumping, and cross country competitions, and more.
New items available in The Sims 3 Pets included hitching posts, water troughs, saddles, bridles, hay bales, cat dancers, litter boxes, scratching posts, chew toys, food bowls, balls and other accessories.
Like your Sims, the pets are fully playable and controllable, so you can command your pet to climb, hunt, dig and perform other playful tasks.
Each pet you customize and create also has personality traits that will influence how the animal behaves or reacts to certain situations. Traits include "hunter," "skittish," "piggy," "destructive," "neat," "aggressive," "lazy," "gentle," "nervous," and more.
You'll be able to show off your pets by taking them on a walk through town or bringing them to specific areas, such as the beach. In addition to cats, dogs, and horses, The Sims 3 Pets includes adoptable rodents, snakes, turtles, lizards and birds.